Car Wash Business is a high adrenaline business, especially because whatever changes you make at your car wash, you can see the results almost instantaneously. This is one of the reasons why you need to be careful about the practices being followed at your car wash bay.
Following 5 are some of the top practices which should be followed :
- Safety and Cleanliness First: Ensure that the customer areas are Safe to walk and drive by. Keep an eye of the open drain you might have or some unsafe structural projection, slippery floors. Showing Caution signs is okay, but try not to have such things at your car wash. Make it a ritual to clean the wash bay after 5 - 10 cars, especially the area where the car is prewashed.
- Courteous Employees: It always pays to be soft-spoken - especially to the customers. Have Script book of what to say to the customers when they arrive, when you have to ask them to come out for Vacuuming. You as the owner should know how each and every employee is communicating with the customer. Script Book helps. This also makes your Car Wash Look professional.
- Clean Equipment and Surroundings: You might have an Old car wash machine, but the customers are still coming. If the equipment is not maintained well, that day is not far when your loyal customers shall jump to other new car wash which opens up just a block away. If you are serious about your business you have to maintain your car wash machine and the surroundings. Close your car wash on the least busy day, scrape down the rust, paint the structure again, clean the glass for water stains, pressure washes the concrete, level any broken concrete, etc. You get the point, right?
- Water Reclamation: Have good water reclaim system and reuse the water. Inform your customers with signboards that you are recycling the water and the Customers would definitely appreciate it. Also, it saves you money compared to the cost of City water or water from Tankers.
- Membership Scheme: It is 6 times more expensive to win a new customer than to retain an existing one. Devise a way to incentivise your existing customers. Make a Priority Customer card which enables him to special car wash prices and some free services after a certain number of Washes.
These are just a few of the practices which should be followed. If you stop and start thinking about it, these are no brainer. Try implementing these and you would definitely start getting better results.
Discuss your plans with us !